About Me

My photo
Deep South, United States
Consultant, inventor, mentor, chess coach,. Current projects involve No Till Farming and staving off blindness due to cataracts among other projects. I also do confidential ghost writing (without taking any published credit. My current blindness makes me put this on hold for a while. I should have one eye working again in about four months. Fact, fiction, all subjects considered. I have heard My daughter Jennifer is alive. I would love it if she were to contact me here. I understand she would like to know me. I have sent a message by circuitous route. I can only hope. My posted Email works as well. We have four decades to catch up on.
EUREKA IDEAS UNLIMITED

This blog has been up for more than a year. The intent was to generate dialogues about serious problems and ideas. It has been almost exclusively a monologue. I have not been looking for large numbers of participants.

I would be quite happy with a few dozen imaginative, creative, thoughtful and inventive people who wish to address serious problems and issues. If anyone has any ideas about how to attract such a talented group I will certainly pay attention. I am not as computer conversant as I would wish. Anyone who could help in this regard would find me receptive to sharing my skills in other areas.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Previous Skin Disorder & Stroke Are Over For Now

My skin is currently treating me pretty well, so I have turned my attention to a variety of other aspects of good health. My interests include: the prevention of viral infections; alternative health processes; fermentation of various beverages; making cheese; baking breads; and the use of microorganisms in human nutrition; teaching chess as a martial art; helping people become more self-reliant; idea development.

I am now a year and a half into rebuilding after a stroke. I have made some substantial gains in recovery. Fortunately my motor skills were not affected. Just the thinking process and memory. Most people haven't noticed these deficits but they are pretty clear to me.

Recently my blood pressure has had some extreme spikes, the worst being 191/110 mm Hg. I am searching for non-allopathic means of control. Aside from these sporadic spikes, I am generally in the normal range.

I have been having some difficulty finding an ophthalmological surgeon to remove and replace the lens of my right eye. Very annoying that they all seem to require that I see an optometrist first. I want no loss in communication between a subcontractor and the surgeon. I see no reason why the surgeon should not do his own workup.

These institutional requirements imposed on patients without regard for the specifics of the situation are counterproductive and, quite simply, wrong. I think my next move will be to find a General Practitioner for my quarter-century checkup. He may be able to get my foot in the door with a referral to a surgical ophthalmologist with a good track record. So time is of the essence in getting my blood pressure under control by means other than pharmaceuticals.

Medication, in my view, should be a last resort, not the first. I really hate firing doctors after a first meeting. But neither can I have my blood pressure bouncing like a ping-pong ball.

As to my idea addiction, there is no cure. If you are an idea addict as well, this is the place to pick up an idea or two, or even add a thought or two of your own.

No comments:

Blog Archive